Sunday, February 6, 2011

Papertrey Ink's Anniversary - Tag Download Challenge and CardsGallery Doily Challenge

Happy Superbowl Sunday!  Just a quick card today for PTI's 4th Anniversary Tag Download Challenge and Cards Gallery Doily Challenge! :)  I have seen quite a few of these little tags thru-out "blog land" today as I was commenting on some of the challenge blogs!  Good luck to everyone! :)

Frequenting Etsy on a daily basis, I have been inspired by all the different uses of doilies.  One in particular is the combination of linen or burlap with a doily accent.  So.......that is where the inspiration of my card came from. 



This card measures approximately 4.75x4.75 and is made with PTI's Kraft Cardstock.  I machine stitched the border with a scalloped stitch and inked it with PTI's Fresh Snow Ink.  A doily was placed in the center,  and then a diecut tag and matching piece of burlap.  I then diecut a coordinating piece of DP to match the ribbon because the burlap frays so easily, I thought it would be a neat idea that when it does there was coordinating paper underneath.  A Melissa Frances chipboard star was placed next along Nicole Heady's tag, PTI's Rustic Jute Twine and a PTI's Melon Berry button. and lastly a bow tied with PTI's Melon Berry Swiss Dot ribbon. That's it......easy-peasy.

Off to post my card..........thank you for taking a peek - good luck to all!  Cathy xx :)

3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card! Love the doiley and the burlap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my you did it again; you knocked me off my socks with another beauty!
    I love the combo of a doily and burlap. The combo of that elegant doily and a fabric as basic as burlap is f-a-b-u-l-o-u-s. Your PTI sentiment is a wonderful centerpiece and I am in LOVE with that glittered star.
    I think I made myself clear; this is gorgeous!
    Hugs,
    Stella

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a peek and dropping me a line! Your comments are so greatly appreciated and always make my day. Have a wonderful day and keep creating! :)

Total Pageviews