Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Nuts for You!

Today was an interesting day! I mean that in a sarcastic way. My son called and told me that he was feeling like he was going to die. He had a fever, chills, body ache, chest congestion and just weak. Well, being the mother that I am.......I said let's get you into the doctor. With all the talk of Swine Flu - one cannot take a chance. Fortunately, the doctor was able to see him this afternoon. When we got to the doctors office, there was a huge sign that said "If you have the flu or flu-like symptoms, please put on a mask". Scarey? That's only the half of it. When I turned to look at the people in the waiting room - everyone had a mask on! Wow! I could not believe the number of people who are sick with the flu.

When my son was finally seen by the doctor, he was tested for the flu. They took a swab of the inside of his nose and had the results in 10 minutes. Fortunately, he did not test positive for the flu. Because if he did, he then would have been tested further for Swine Flu. He was told that he had one of many viruses that are going around right now and would last about 5 days. Now my 19 year old son wants his mommy! Push the liquids! :)

Well, on to something else......This card was made with papers from Crate Papers newest line, Little Sprout. The rubberstamped images from Papertrey Ink, of course, buttons from SEI.
I just love the colors in this paper!

Well, off to whip up something for dinner - I hope that all of you are flu-free! Have a great evening! Cathy :)

3 comments:

  1. Hello! I hope your son will get well soon!!
    Yes, the paper of your card is so lovely... and the stamp and the buttons... :)

    Greetings,
    Saskia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card Cathy.

    Hope your 'baby' gets better soon. They all need their mums no matter what age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so very sweet!! I just love the dp with that PTi stamp! Aren't "grown up" kids the best??!! ;) Ya gotta luv 'em!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a peek and dropping me a line! Your comments are so greatly appreciated and always make my day. Have a wonderful day and keep creating! :)

Total Pageviews