Tuesday, April 21, 2009

2S4U - Summer Design Team Call

The call is out and everyone is answering, but only a select few will be chosen. What am I talking about? Well, the gals over at 2S4U have put out a call for their Summer Design Team. This is a three month gig and those who are chosen as designers are to design a card a week based off of a sketch of Laura or Kazen. Sounds easy? No way! Take a peek - and you'll see exactly what I mean. The designers that have been chosen in the past are TOP NOTCH! So, the pressure is on and I'm feeling it - as I wipe the sweat from my brow!


The first card that I created was off of Kazan's sketch. The moment I saw this sketch, I thought of Santa's belly and a large black belt. So, I decided to go with the belt instead of the belly! :) I used an exact-o knife to make the slits on each side of the card to slip the ribbon in/out. I also used a glue pad to stamp out my flourish and added fine glitter. I used several patterns of coordinating papers by Little Yellow Bicycle (love them!) and then machine stitched the border. The center circle carries the sentiment for the card and reads as follows: "The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart." Hand cut flowers sit in the center where I also added pop-dots, a little glitter, and a diecut butterfly with pale lavender pearl adhesives. A special card for a special friend - Simple and elegant!
The second card I designed was based off of Laura's sketch. These papers were from Making Memories and Karen Foster. Laura's sketch was a more traditional sketch so I went with this design. Inked and machine stitched paper and chipboard rectangles. I then added pearl adhesives for the musical notes, diecut butterflies with flowers, ribbon, crocheted flower and a stick pin. The sentiment at the bottom is from PaperTrey Ink. Again, an elegant and timeless card.

I'm pleased with my finished designs and I hope they are too! Being a part of their design team would be quite the honor! If you have considered trying - go ahead do it! You only fail if you haven't tried! Good luck to all of you if you have! Have a great evening! Cathy :)


4 comments:

  1. I love your work and I hope they pick you. Good luck! I can't stop looking at the Merci card, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, lovely work!!! I'm sure you'll make a big chance to be part of the new DT-team!! Your work is so beautiful and unique!!!!

    Greetings,
    Saskia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy, your cards are amazing. I hope you'll make it to the next 2S4Y DT. You deserve to be on it and it's a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards Cathy!!!!
    Good luck with the DT call.
    You would be an asset :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a peek and dropping me a line! Your comments are so greatly appreciated and always make my day. Have a wonderful day and keep creating! :)

Total Pageviews